The Blog /Blob, among its numerous functions, will house my writings on music that, as far as I'm concerned, stray too close to standard "Rock crit": which, I should add, I do not discredit - I just don't want to do.
So, then, in customary Rock-journalism mode, I will list a few records that at some point in 2008 caught my attention, and which also were published this year (in no particular order):
1. The Howling Hex - Earth Junk;
2. The Fall - Imperial Wax Solvent;
3. Kikuri - Pulverized Purple;
4. Sonic Youth / Mats Gustafsson / Merzbow - Andre Sider af Sonic Youth;
5. Excepter - Debt Dept.;
6. Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See but Cannot Feel;
7. Deerhunter - Microcastle/Weird Era Continued;
8. Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple;
9. The Dead C - Secret Earth;
10. Killick - The Amplifucker;
11. Tricky - Knowle West Boy;
12. Anthony Braxton / Milford Graves / William Parker - Beyond Quantum;
13. Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull;
14. Elf Power - In a Cave;
15. The Music Tapes - Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes.
Some other 2008 records I've wanted to listen to, but haven't gotten to yet, are:
1. The Bug - London Zoo;
2. Malcolm Goldstein - A Sounding of Sources;
3. Russell Haswell - Second Live Salvage.